Saturday, October 15, 2016

"O how ye ought to thank your heavenly King"

Neal A. Maxwell, in speaking of what God has given to every person, reminds us that whatever we give up or give to God may as well be stamped "Return to Sender". King Benjamin gives us a similar understanding in how he spent his days in the service of his people he was only in the service of his God. (Mosiah 2:16) It made me realize that all that I have now, and all that I ever will get --- in terms of money, relationships, time, abilities, etc -- is given to me through the goodness of God. And with that in mind, I ought not to ever be stingy with my giving. After all, it never was mine to begin with and giving something away when others are in need is only doing what God needs me to do. So for anyone who has felt like I have -- a tinge of hesitation when a roommate asks for a ride or a feeling of frustration when someone asks to borrow your last pen... (among other more serious things) -- remember how good and gracious God has been to you in giving you those things. And I invite you to use "return [those things] to sender" by giving them to the people around you who are in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment