Monday, December 5, 2016

"I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me"

The prophet Moroni leaves us no room to question -- even the greatest men on earth have weaknesses. But with this guarantee is also the promise that these weaknesses do not have to be permanent.  In the same breath Moroni testifies of weaknesses as well as strengths -- when we turn to God humbly and have faith in Him, "[his] grace is sufficient for all men.... [that he may make] weak things become strong unto them." In this turning to God, God not only helps us strengthen our weakness, but also helps us more clearly identify what the weakness is: "if men come unto me, I will show unto them their weakness." I don't know about you, but sometimes that is half the battle for me -- simply knowing why in the world it is that I keep messing up! So when it comes to school work, life goals, relationships, and family matters, I am grateful for a God who wants me to turn to him. And I'm thankful that when I do, he will teach me what really needs fixing and also assist me with His power in fixing it. What a wonderful Heavenly Father we have! I invite you to humbly turn to God and let his grace bless you with strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment